|Traders on the march through Dar-es-Salaam|
|Traders at the conference|
Traders voiced their main concerns:
1. TUICO should represent them beforoe the local authorities and politicians so that policy and laws be reformed to become friendly to traders.
2. TUICO should negotiate with Municipal and City Authorities for better working places
3. TUICO should negotiate with the Social Security Schemes in order to cover them
4. TUICO should provide training on business skills
5. TUICO should enter into recognition and Collective Agreements with Municipal and City Councils concerning the welfare of Informal economy workers.
TUICO General Secretary informed the participants that the Union will make sure that their concerns are dealt with to assist their business sustainability. He also encouraged them to have more unity and called on them to establish a negotiation committee under TUICO.
Visit TUICO website from Thursday 23rd November for more information.